The combination of carrot and chocolate is a classic for a reason and with Valentines Day almost here, how about a delicious carrot cake to share or… maybe give away hehehe this is my own recipe, its a fantastic recipe, simple to make and you get a super rich, creamy, moist carrot cake with a delicious chocolate cover, you can make it in a square like i did here to cut small squares or you can make it round as well…
I normally go for a thicker chocolate ganache or a crispy chocolate cover (another traditional frosting would be a brigadeiro type), but in this case i went with a creamier version also a good variation is to let the cake cool down, then cut squares and cover each square individually instead of all the the cake, better for a cute gift or dessert! ;D Lets check the recipe!
Moist Carrot Cake with Dark Chocolate
A delicious carrot cake with chocolate frosting is a super creamy, moist and fluffy cake made with carrots, sugar, milk, butter, and chocolate, perfect for your valentines!
- Carrot – 350gr
- Sugar – 330gr
- Sunflower Oil – 200ml
- Eggs – 4
- Flour – 250gr
- Baking Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cooking Chocolate – 200gr (50% Cocoa)
- Cream – 200ml (1 Package)
- Salt – 1 Pinch
- Peel and cut the carrots, put them in a pot with plenty of hot water and a pinch of salt, boil until tender, then drain and use a hand blender to puree the carrots, set aside to cool down.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and grease a rectangular baking tray with butter and line it with non-stick paper, set aside.
- Put together in a bowl the sugar, oil and eggs, whisk everything well until creamy, then add the carrot puree, with a pinch of salt, mix.
- Sieve the flour with the baking powder and mix everything until you get a homogeneous cream.
- Pour this into the baking tray and take it to the oven to bake, since it is spaced out (on a smaller mold it will take a bit longer to cook), it should be ready in about 25 to 30 minutes, prick with a toothpick if it comes out dry then it is done, remove from the oven and let it cool down a little bit.
- Then melt the cream with the chocolate in a water-bath (or bain-marie, put the cream and chocolate in a bowl or small pan and then put this bowl in a pan with hot water), remove when you have a super smooth and creamy chocolate ganache.
- When the cake is cooler, take the cake from the mold and cover it with the chocolate frosting and its ready to serve still warm or you can let it cool down completely, enjoy!
This cake will hold well and keep moist for a couple of days outside, but if you want to enjoy it for longer keep it in the fridge.
Do notice that i did cover the cake cake with the chocolate still in the mold, but that’s because i made this cake for a party and its easy to transport the cake if its still in the cake mold ;D
NutritionPer Serving: 482 calories; 27.5 g fat; 55 g carbohydrates; 5.7 g protein.
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below ;D