I absolutely love this kind of small bite sized pastries, in this case filled with chicken strips, I think my love is because these are super simple to make at home, but also they are delicious a bit of sweet from the buttery and flaky dough with a savory filling.
Also, I make these pretty plain with the seasoning so it’s nice for kids and adults, but if you are making these for adults, feel free to go hard on the spices, or you can make a spice sauce to serve these with.
These are also super practical and portable, so you can make a lot very quickly, and you can serve them as a snack or appetizer at parties, gatherings and picnics. Additionally, they can be prepared ahead of time and baked right before serving, or baked and serve the next day, making them a convenient and stress-free option for anyone. Let’s check the recipe!
Chicken Strips Pastries
These delicious bite-size pastries filled with chicken strips can be a tasty and practical option for anyone looking for a quick and easy snack or appetizer for any ocasion.
- Shortcrust Pastry – 1 Roll (200gr, Circular)
- Chicken – 1 Large Breast (16 strips or Turkey)
- Bacon – 4 Slices
- Cheese – Grated (or mixed cheeses, I used Portuguese Flamengo Cheese)
- Parmesan Cheese – To Sprinkle (grated)
- Olive Oil – 1
- Egg – 1 (To brush)
- Paprika – A Pinch
- Black Pepper – A Pinch
- Salt – A Pinch
- Start by frying the chicken in a pan, cut the breast into 16 strips, one for each pie/pastry, season with salt, pepper and paprika, fry with a drizzle of olive oil, no need to cook too much, browning on the outside is enough they will finish cooking in the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (Or whatever the pastry recommends) and line a baking tray with non-stick paper.
- Take the shortcrust dough out and divide it into 16 triangles, put a piece of bacon, a strip of chicken, and a small pile of cheese on the widest part of the triangle, roll it up into a small pastry, place it on the baking tray, and repeat until you have no more dough.
- Whisk the egg and brush each pie, then grate a little Parmesan cheese on top of each, followed by a pinch of pepper and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes until they are golden and crispy and that’s it, take them out of the oven, and they are ready to serve, hot or cold, enjoy!
NutritionPer Serving: 126 calories; 8.5 g fat; 6.1 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein.
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below ;D