Oh yeah who doesn’t like some sweet sweet potato fries, although lately there has been a surge of news stating that “sweet potato” is better than plain potato, that is kinda not true, they are both about the same nutritionally and if you fry both, it really doesn’t matter, because it will make it less healthy, so this recipe is delicious, but like all fried food best done only occasionally ;D
The trick to perfect sweet potato fries is to wash and dry the potatoes, so that the natural starch doesn’t make the potatoes stick together and also cut them all in the same size, so they will all take the same time to cook completely (so all wedges or thins or cubed, just has to be the same size), also unlike normal potatoes you normally don’t need to double fry sweet potatoes, since they cook much faster, so let’s check the recipe.
Sweet Potato Fries
Perfectly simple recipe on how to fry some sweet potatoes, perfect alternative to the always delicious french fries.
- Sweet Potatoes – 2 medium or 1 very large
- Sunflower Oil – As needed
- Salt – A pinch
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into sticks, making sure they are all about the same thickness.
- Pour these into a bowl of water, then drain and dry the sweet potato sticks with some kitchen paper or clean towel.
- Heat the oil over medium/high heat, if you are not sure of the temperature, throw in a piece of bread or touch it with a wooden spoon if and when it starts bubbling, then it’s at perfect temperature.
- Add the potatoes and fry until golden brown, stir-fry evenly, don’t add too many to the pan at a time, in this case and for this amount I had to fry two portions.
- Remove the potatoes to so kitchen paper or paper towels, season with a pinch of salt, and you’re ready to serve, bon appétit.
NutritionTotal Amount: 278 calories; 20 g fat; 2 g carbohydrates; 21 g protein.
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below ;D