I kinda love these kind of pastries, just because they are simple to make and are delicious, sometimes very fancy pastries with chocolate, puddings, creams its a bit too much when just a nice crispy pastry and some caramelized fruit will be way more yummy.
This is also a great recipe if you have older apples that you forgot to eat and need to use them before they go bad or just too rice apples, cooking them makes them edible again, if they are too soft instead of nice creamy apple you will get more a puree texture, but it will still taste great, lets check the recipe.
Caramelized Apple Pastry
Wonderful recipe of crispy pastry filled with caramelized apples with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Puff Pastry – 1 Rectangular Roll (+/- 200gr)
- Apples – 6 (I used the ones from Alcobaça, these are similar to Fuji)
- Raisins – 2 Tablespoons
- Brown Sugar – 2 Tablespoons
- Lemon – 2 Tablespoons of Juice
- Egg – 1
- Cinnamon – 1 Tablespoon
- Ginger Powder – A Pinch
- Cumin – A Pinch
- Nutmeg – A Pinch
- Peel and dice the apples in small cubes, mix with the lemon juice and bring to a hot pan with the raisins, cook over medium low heat for about 15 minutes until it starts to get tender.
- Add a tablespoon of brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cumin and nutmeg, mix and cook for another 5 minutes, until almost cooked.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and cut the puff pastry into rectangles folded at the ends, prick the base of the puff pastry with a fork (this will make it not raise too much while cooking), arrange everything on a baking tray lined with non-stick paper.
- Place the caramelized apple mixture in the center of each rectangle of dough, brush the edges with beaten egg and sprinkle the edges with a pinch of brown sugar.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until golden brown, enjoy.
These are perfect served with some vanilla ice cream or chantilly cream.
Also you can use other fruits, pears, mango,
NutritionPer Serving: 187 calories; 8.3 g fat; 27.8 g carbohydrates; 2.3 g protein.
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below ;D