If you are looking for an easy and delicious appetizer for Christmas, look no further, i really enjoy this kind of roasted cheese plates, on one hand they are super easy to prepare, you can actually do it in advance, leave it in the fridge and then 20 minutes before serving put it in a hot oven, that simple, especially practical when there is a lot of Christmas baking.
This roasted or baked brie cheese with roasted peppers is also really delicious and easy to serve with a variety of breads and toasts or even tortilla chips, whatever you feel like serving it with, especially in these cold days its a perfect snack or appetizer before a Christmas meal.
Lets check the recipe.
Roasted Brie Cheese with Peppers Recipe
Roasted Brie Cheese with Peppers
This roasted cheese recipe is a great way to instantly liven up any dinner party or game night. The combination of warm, creamy cheese with breads or toasts is always a winner ;D
- Brie Cheeses – 2 Small (250gr each)
- Red Pepper – 1 (Already Roasted)
- Wallnuts – 3
- Balsamic Vinegar – To Drizzle
- Olive Oil – To Drizzle (Extra Virgin)
- Oregano – A Pinch
- Black Pepper – A Pinch
- The best way is, if you have to put the cheese in a small ceramic or pyrex bowls because some brie cheeses are softer and can start to run or melt too much, it’s also a nicer way to serve.
- Start by preheating the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4 with the grill on top. Put the cheeses in the ceramic bowls and with a knife carefully cut the top to expose the inside of the cheese, in one of the cheeses add the already roasted red peppers chopped, followed by a generous pinch of dried oregano, pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Repeat the same for the other cheese and season it with crushed walnut kernels and a few drops of balsamic vinegar.
- Take both cheeses to the oven to heat up and caramelize the top, it doesn’t need much time, like 20 minutes max, the longer you leave it, the more the cheese will fall apart, remove and it’s ready to serve very hot with some bread or toasts, enjoy!
NutritionPer Serving: 580 calories; 19.5 g fat; 1.1 g carbohydrates; 13.5 g protein.
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below ;D